Sunday, 31 December 2006

Final round up for 2006 !

The Yule holidays have given me time to work on a number of projects.

I finished off the handstitching on a reproduction of a tea cosy. The cosy is one of a number of items I have created as part of the Arts and Crafts research project. Well the embroidery matches the original, but as I have no clear image of the cosy made up I used my imagination. I think its come out quite well. Now just need a cup and saucer in the right style to display with the cosy =)



Finished off the Seasonal hanging. Here it is hanging on a pole by the window. Its not come out too bad. I have placed images of of creating the hanging and close ups of the seasons in an on-line directory...
Image hosted by Webshots.com Click for Seasonal Hanging

Also started to work on the wedding party again. Here is Granny. She is all in black with purple to lift her a little. As yet no name for her. Any suggestions ??
The holidays have been good. We had a nice few days at my Parent-in-laws. I had quite a 'stitchy' season of presents.
* 25m roll of bond-a-web
* kit to make a free machine bowl
* The Recycling Book
* The Art of Embroidery book - reviewed in the latest copy of Embroidery magazine.
* Copy of "The Studios of Frances and Margaret Macdonald" ... RARE book which has been out of print for ten years. STAR PRESSY
* Other non-stitchy items: two talking books, bath pampering set, cheese and wine, Mum had all her old cine films converted to DVD

Looking forward to 2007 :

Well its going to be a busy first six months as it looks like I will be entered into the C&G final exhibition. Just waiting for the review letter from my school, so I can see what they suggest I need to get done. In the mean time I am trying to get Module 5 completed.

I have a talk to give to the local Embroiderers Guild and a day school on art doll angels. Not looking forward to that. Seemed a good idea last year.

Holiday in Germany watching the World Rally and seeing more of the country.

3 comments:

EAST said...

Zoe - don't do this to me!!
Apart from the fact you have done so much, and its all really good, I only meant to be online for 5 minutes but have just spent the last 45 minutes or so looking at your blog and your webshot pages. What a brilliant idea those pages are and so good to see all photographs of your work in one place. The exhibition you are talking about - is it the one around February time

Dianne said...

Granny looks great, she looks like a Isabella to me:):)

Susan D said...

Is the Frances and Margaret Macdonald book you mention about the wife and sister-in-law of Charles Rennie Mackintosh? If it is you may be interested in an exhibition starting on 27th January at the Walker Art Gallery here in Liverpool http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/about/news/newsarticle.asp?id=588&venue=2 I’m looking forward to going to it should be very interesting.