Sunday, 27 July 2008

Do You Feel Artistic !

I have started to carry round a small note book in my handbag and am trying to journal each day in art. Well its a mix-media with hand written notes. Some days is hand drawn doodles while others I get the paint etc out in the studio.
On Saturday I some how managed to do some thing to my neck and it feels like a trapped nerve.OOOaahhh !! Means I have been limited to what I can do,what I want to do and my general attention span. This mostly means NO SEWING !! Its just the wrong angle to be holding my head. DH says he knows I am ill as not picked up a needle.

So spent a little time decorating the cover of my book with the new alphabet stamps which arrived this week. The vertical lines were already there.

Below are a few of the pages so far.




As you can see this is today's page. I know its better as I have been sitting here typing. Did not get much sleep last night -about 2 hrs .... then after a search on the net to discover the suggestion of warming the spot ,this loosened it up enough so I could get another couple of hours.....=( So not done much today ... feeling really lazy.

Over the last two days I have created a piece of art on an artist canvas block. This worked with a bad neck as you could only do a very little before it had to be put to one side to dry. There are a number of techniques used here. The letters are all grunge board, the back ground is a mixture of distress ink, tissue papers and stamps plus I have added a couple ofembellishments.

This is a close up of the lower corner so you can see the phase used.
The weekend has turned HOT !!! Even though the forcaste was for rain rain rain =) I am not complaining, but Pip has been.

FAR too hot for a long haired black cat ! ! !

I have started some more PipArt ,but those are on hold until I can face sitting in front of a sewing machine again !

No comments: